Friday, April 12, 2019

H is for Hollywood Cemetery

Uh oh - I am falling further behind in the A to Z Challenge by the day. I have a recurring dream like this. I'm back at school and the teacher is demanding four decades of French homework. This is a stressful dream. The challenge is hard reality.



What can I say about Richmond's Hollywood Cemetery? It's steeped in time and tradition. It's the resting place of Presidents James Monroe and John Tyler, not to mention the southern upstart Jeff Davis. It's breathtakingly beautiful and creepy in equal measure ... as boneyards tend to be.

In 1866, 20,000 people attended the First Confederate Memorial Day here. The fault line as wide as the James River is more insidious now. But it's still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Blog PTSD

Now then. What the heck. It seems I had forgotten about my blog completely rather than just neglecting it this time. To return after so long...